Our Cat Adoption Fees are as follows:
- $100.00 for kittens up to six months old
- $75.00 for cats 7 months to 1 year
- $50.00 for cats over 1 year to 5 years
- $25.00 for cats over 5 years
The adoption fee includes the following:
- Spay or neuter
- FeLV/FIV screening test
- FVRCP vaccinations
- Flea, parasite, and ear mite precautionary treatments
- Rabies vaccine (if over six months)
- 30 day gift of 24PetWatch Insurance
You must be 18 years of age to adopt a cat from Noah’s Ark. Declawing is Prohibited: When you adopt a cat from Noah’s Ark, you agree not to have the cat declawed, understanding that declawing is a painful amputation of the first joint of the cat’s toes.
If you would like to adopt a cat, an adoption counselor is available during shelter open hours. If you would like to schedule a visit outside of our regular hours, please call us at 641-472-6080 to schedule an appointment.
Our Adoption Application (in PDF format) may be completed at the shelter, emailed to us, or faxed to 866-289-0897. Applications are processed in the order received. In order to hold the cat until the meet and greet, a completed, approved application must be on file. If you are traveling from out of town to Fairfield and desire a same day adoption, please submit your completed application at least one day in advance of your visit.
We want every adoption to be successful. In the event that you are unable to care for the cat you adopt, it is shelter policy that you return the animal to Noah’s Ark in Fairfield, Iowa.
All animal intake is by appointment only.
In addition to our shelter, you can adopt a Noah’s Ark cat at the PetSmart Charities Adoption Center in Clive, Iowa. You must be 18 years of age to adopt a cat from Noah’s Ark. After completing the adoption application, a PetSmart associate will fax your application to Noah’s Ark. After it is received, an adoption counselor will give you a call to discuss the application. After your application is approved, you may pick up your cat from PetSmart. Please bring a carrier. PetSmart does require the cat/kitten leave the store in a carrier.
Stop by the Clive PetSmart store to visit the handsome and beautiful cats from Noah’s Ark!
11101 University Avenue, Suite B
Clive, IA 50325
Store Hours: 9-9 Monday through Saturday, 10-6 on Sunday
Noah’s Ark is looking for homes for semi-feral cats. These cats would do well living in a barn or other stable out building. “Barn cats” cannot live inside a house, due to their semi-feral nature. However, they still require some human care to keep them happy and healthy. In return, these cats can help reduce unwanted rodents in barns and areas in which they live.
These cats make great additions to your farm or rural home! The adoption fee for semi-feral cats in this program is currently waived. All cats in this program are spayed or neutered prior to adoption. Cats are also tested for FeLV, FIV and given preventative treatments for parasites.
People adopting barn cats are required to:
- Provide a carrier or crate for transportation that the cat cannot escape from
- Provide food and water on a daily basis
- Confine the new cat for at least two weeks so that the cat can get used to its surroundings
- Keep the animals safe and protected from harm
- Notify all other residents as well as people working at the farm of the addition of the semi-feral cat
- Provide ongoing veterinary care, when needed
- Sign a contract agreeing to the items mentioned above
If you are interested in adopting a semi-feral barn cat, please call us at 641-472-6080, or send us an email.